[Sugar-devel] Help activity future

Bastien bastien.guerry at free.fr
Wed Aug 1 05:04:10 EDT 2012

Sascha Silbe <silbe at activitycentral.com> writes:

> Exactly. The best format is of no use when there's no content. Let those
> who are willing to contribute documentation choose the format (as long
> as it's an open format at least, i.e. no .docx or similar). When we
> actually have the documentation, we can discuss how to get it into
> something useful for distribution (including translation) and further
> editing. As long as the input is structured well enough, we can come up
> with some way to convert it.

Yes, the format should not be a problem as long as it is reusable.

IMHO the collaboration framework is a more important problem.

As I suggested back in september, using a git repo with some plain text
content (using markdown, rst, mallard, or... just text) would help.

For the non-git guys around, let's have a maintainer for the Help
content that can convert stuff (even from .docx!) into this raw text
content.

Then think on how to reformat/reuse it later on.

2 cents,

--
 Bastien