[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Fwd: [DESIGN] Revisiting Read Activity default font

Sandra Thaxter sandra at smallsolutionsbigideas.org
Fri Apr 27 10:54:39 EDT 2012

Frederick .. Manuel ,

We should consider the font clear at all  resolutions and screen lighting
backlighting or no backlighting.. Some fonts breakdown as fewer pixels are
available for display.  XO resolutions is generally great, but we shouldn't
count on that if we are thinbking of standards, let's get the simpliest and
crispest.  this is not my field, so I don't have any opinion.  There are
people who really know which fonts hold up in the conditions we will want
to target.  Consult with them.

I would avoid handwriting fonts because of dislexia, kids who need glasses
bu don't have them,  many languages ... .

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Sandra Thaxter
sandra at smallsolutionsbigideas.org
sandra at thaxter.net