[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] More topics font related

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 00:34:32 EDT 2012

All,

It might be of interest to review this earlier incarnation of a font
thread (started by Sridhar from AU).

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2012-January/014825.html

One element that is critical in all of this, of course, is taking some
care to investigate the range of languages that any given font can
represent.  I'm sure that much of the discussion will focus on
Latin-based alphabets, which is fine as far as it goes, and they will
often cover Cyrillic as well; but I think an absolutely clear
understanding of the language coverage offered by a particular font is
essential before making any 'default' choice.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator