[Sugar-devel] [somos-azucar] [DESIGN] Request for Sweets Distribution logo

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 11 11:23:23 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 03:36:00AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 08:58:35PM -0500, Laura Vargas wrote:
> > Hi Aleksey,
> >
> > Today Sebastian explained me that the functionality for final user would be
> > to activate/deactivate access to Sugar Network in the Control Panel.
>
> Yes, because Sugar Network is still an experimental feature and
> Sweets Distribution is a common distribution. Thats why it provides
> original UI by default. Sugar Network might be default after making it
> really stable and pople will start using it more than original UI.
>
> And for sure, Hexokinase (as a downstream distribution that counts on
> Sugar Network as a major collaboration tool) will have Sugar Network
> enabled by default, even with hiding Control Panel component at all.
>
> > Please
> > confirm, if this is the case I would suggest to recycle the Sugar Network
> > icon.
>
> Sugar Network icon (three dots in a circle) might be recycled any way.

In fact, the whole idea, in case of Sugar Activities, for Sugar Network
is that these Activities are located in the network. In contrast,
particular local machine might have local Sugar Activities, i.e.,
activities that exist in real directory in ~/Activities and need to be
managed by user manually.

Keeping in mind the favorites mode in Home view, we might have 3 icons
(instead of current 2 icons for favorites and list modes):

* favorites icon
  activities that are favorited, such activities might be local or from
  Sugar Network

* icon that represent local activities mode
  ~/Activities directory activate, users are responsible to manage them
  remove/change-the-code/etc

* icon that represent global activities mode
  activities come from Sugar Network

We already have icon (start) for favorites, so, we need icon that says
"local" and one that says "global".

--
Aleksey