[Sugar-devel] Which activities use lxml?

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:19:27 EDT 2012

On 10 Apr 2012, at 18:25, Peter Robinson wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Until now, Read was using python-lxml for XML parsing in epub support.
>> Gonzalo just pushed a patch that makes it use Python's internal XML
>> libraries, thanks Gonzalo.

Unfortunately this patch is still not yet committed to the main git.SL.org rep, as far as I can tell, so my below grep might be missing some hits, and/or pulling in false positives as I'm not sure quite what the actual changes were.

>> I'm considering dropping python-lxml from OLPC's builds as a result -
>> it is not needed.
>>
>> Or does anyone know of other activities that use python-lxml?
>>
>> It is not part of http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Platform_Components
>
> Doing a quick grep through the Fedora activity .spec files only Read
> comes up with it, not to say that it's a perfect source of
> dependencies but it's a start.

Did a grep through the current activity bundles on ASLO, the Activities that lit up for lxml that need a closer look at are:

- some of the GCompris activties such as GCompris, GComprisAdministration, GComprisAnim, GComprisDraw, GComprisRedraw have lxml2 listed in the Makefile or as dependency_libs

- JAMCalibre (looks like it packages lxml in the bundles)

- JAMediaTube

- MouseCam

- Possibly OOo4Kids (binary file pattern hits)

- an experimental version of Read someone has created called Anno

Regards,
--Gary