[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Feedback about the changes in Memorize

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 30 17:58:45 EDT 2011

Hi Gonzalo,

(a continuation from IRC)

On 29 Sep 2011, at 16:06, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

> I am proposing the following changes, please give me a +1 if you agree:
>
> * Change mode:
> - Add a separator after the activity icon to visualize better the two buttons are a group?
> - Change the tooltips to "Play game mode" / "Edit game mode"
> - Use only a toogle button with the gear?

The single toggle button between edit/play (and some small toolbar button location tweaks) is working well for me. It avoids the reported confusion of having a radio button that seemingly has no action when you click (because it is already the active radio button).

> * Tooltip texts:
>
> - "Identical tiles pairs" / "Different tiles pairs" ?
> -  'Set identical pairs'  / 'Set different pairs' ?
> -  'Use identical pairs'  / 'Use different pairs' ?

"Match identical tiles" / "Match different tiles"

> - "Grouped tiles" / "Mixed tiles" ?
> - "Grouped tiles game" / "Mixed tiles game" ?

+1 for "Grouped tiles game" / "Mixed tiles game"

How about rewording "Clear current game" to "Clear all tiles"? This matches the warning message text, and avoids the word 'current' (that might suggest there are 'other' games one might be able to clear in a single game instance).

Also in the latest test copy I'm still getting 'Restart Game' rather than 'Restart game'.

Regards,
--Gary