[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Speak-32

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:57:11 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Sugar Labs Activities
<activities at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Activity Homepage:
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/addon/4038
>
> Sugar Platform:
> 0.82 - 0.94
>
> Download Now:
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/27587/speak-32.xo
>
> Release notes:
>  * Set-english-rp-as-default-for-en_AU (Sebastian Silva)
>  * Avoiding gettext warning (based on cjl suggestion)

I looked at this commit

http://git.sugarlabs.org/speak/mainline/commit/b7c2e4d33cee6757ef1f9a960a9fca65f242f5c9

and I wonder if it really solves the problem from a L10n perspective.

Changing %s to %(speak)s may trick the cron job from thinking there is
a problem, but as long as both subject and object are represented by
the same variable name [ either %s or %(speak)s ], I don't see how it
will work well for localizers whose languages have different syntaxes.

"Sorry, I can't %(speak)s, let's %(speak)s instead."

maybe it will work, but I'm a little skeptical.

cjl