[Sugar-devel] de-hippo'd CanvasIcon: windowed or not?

Marco Pesenti Gritti marco at marcopg.org
Thu Sep 15 16:38:41 EDT 2011

Hey,

isn't the problem going away with GTK 3.0? From the release notes

"GDK has been rewritten to use ‘client-side windows’. This means that
GDK maintains its own window hierarchy and only uses X windows where
it is necessary or explicitly requested. "

Of course it would be nice to decouple de-hippo from the gtk 3 port,
but I'm not sure there is a good solution for this with gtk 2.

Marco