[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Open link in a new tab

manuel quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Sun Sep 4 21:00:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/2 Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>:
> Hi,
>
> while we work on polishing the tabs in Browse it would be great to adjust as
> well the link palette and add an option for opening the link in a new tab.
> Something like [1]. A bit of brainstorming:

Yes this will be a very good addition.

> - which should be the wording of the option Firefox has ('Open Link in New
> Tab')?
>
> - which icon should the option have (maybe a '+', maybe the Browse icon with
> a +...)?
>
> - which order should the items have? The first like in FF? should the first
> option be separated by a line?

I think we can call it "Open link in New Tab" or "Follow link in New Tab".

It would be nice to change the order, and also make a better icon for
current Follow Link.  A proposal here:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/follow_link_icon/follow_link_mockup.png

--
.. manuq ..