[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Fwd: unique activities TamTamMini-60 . . .

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Sep 2 19:45:55 EDT 2011

Yes, you need experience before taking such a move with confidence.

There is a save-nand feature built into the firmware that can take a
backup of the existing build and journal for later restore.  But I've no
idea what version it began to work well with, and no idea what firmware
version you have on the XO-1.

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 11:33:39AM +1200, Sean Linton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Reading the through the upgrade process I think I will leave this machine
> alone. I dont want to risk the upgrade not working and returning the machine
> without a usable OS. It is used by his daughter.

> On 3 September 2011 03:41, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi... Exactly what I was going to suggest.   Is there a reason you friend
>     hasn't updated?   Check with him first and, if he doesn't mind go for a
>     newer build.   Can anyone suggest the best choice for this update?   I
>     would say maybe 860 since 874 is very new and still may have a few bugs.
>
>     Caryl
>
>     > Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:58:55 +1000
>     > From: quozl at laptop.org
>     > To: sean at lpnz.org
>     > CC: iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org; sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org;
>     tabitha.mail at gmail.com
>     > Subject: Re: [IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Fwd: unique activities TamTamMini-60 .
>     . .
>
>     >
>     > 406.xx is far too old, I don't think any of the activities available on
>     > Sugar Labs would be particularly compatible. Upgrade to a later build.
>     >
>     > --
>     > James Cameron
>     > http://quozl.linux.org.au/
>     > IAEP -- It's An Education Project (not a laptop project!)
>     > IAEP at lists.sugarlabs.org

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/