[Sugar-devel] Tux Paint - Save and new

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Fri Oct 21 16:57:01 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 08:02:44PM +0000, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been using for some time TuxPaint activity ...There is a great little detail in its operation ..
> One draw something ... Will the "Save" and save your drawing .. Then select "New" and then choose the color or image to begin work, the activityreuses the same "journal entry" and you lose the picture above!

The original issue, is that Tux Paint is not Sugar activity at all,
and is not folowing Sugar Journal methaphor. The initial Journal
support was, well.. not completed. For example, there are buttons New,
Load, Save.

That was not obvious for me what to do with these buttons (they are
useful somehow). Though, there is an ongoing process for removing
Load/Save buttons (there was a request from .uy).

> It would not be possible, by selecting "New" is create a new one?
> As this is now necessary to make 1 drawing, leave and re-enter (and also select the "new" as sugar but opens the last entry ..)
> This can be changed?

Eventually, I think would be better to:

* remove Save button (sugar doesn't have it and even Keep button
  was removed),
* Open and New functionality seems to be useful, would be useful to have
  Open/New (or New/Open) dialog popped up on creating new activity
  instance

i.e., Tux Paint will behave like regular activity but preserving useful
features like Load/New.

--
Aleksey