[Sugar-devel] tags field in Journal

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:14:47 EDT 2011

I am wondering what is the protocol, if any, for using the tags field in the
Journal. Right now, it seems to be a freeform text box like the description
field. I wonder if it might not be more useful as a collection of
keyword:value pairs or dictionary entries? Or maybe we leave it as it is and
add an expanded field to the ExpandedEntry class to show other metadata
entries? I raise this issue because there is momentum within the Learning
Team to gather more metadata from within activities to be used for various
approaches to evaluation.

regards.

-walter

--