[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2011-10-11

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue Oct 11 22:22:57 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 21:04 -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 07:38:26PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> > == Sugar Digest ==
>
> > 3. Ignacio Rodrigez, a young developer from Uruguay was issued a
> > Magellan computer from Plan Ceibal upon entering middle school. He
> > pointed out to me that the machine comes with Sugar installed on top
> > of Ubuntu. Details are still a bit sketchy, but some version of Sugar
> > is running (and presumably supported by someone). The only activity
> > shipped with Sugar is a very old version of Turtle Art. This is
> > somewhat ironic, since Turtle Art can be run directly from GNOME. I
> > asked Ignacio to please install the latest version of Turtle Blocks,
> > which he was able to do with apparently no difficulties.
>
> Great to hear that Ignacio is able to give some feedback and testing. We need
> more Ignacio's :)

We also have Marcelo from Paraguay, who comes often on IRC and is
currently trying to upgrade his XO to Sugar 0.94.

Users reaching out for us and telling out what they like/dislike about
our product is a rare privilege for us engineers. Those of us who speak
Spanish more fluently than me should talk with them and try to find out
what they're trying to accomplish with Sugar and how we could serve them
better.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team