[Sugar-devel] "Howtos" within Sugar Activities

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:28:52 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Bastien <bzg at altern.org> wrote:
> Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> writes:
>
>> We are thinking in include a minimal help, like Implode activity
>> or TurtleArt are doing, But with this minimal help, the TurtleArt po
>> and locale directory
>> are much bigger than all the other data in the activity.
>
> IMHO having elementary documentation within some core Activities
> is worth the storage space.

I applaud the idea, but I think the roadblock is not the issue of
on-line vs off-line access. We need to actually author the material.
Then we can distribute it in many ways.

One idea from the early days of Sugar that never got implemented is
that the children could author help and share it with there classmates
in the mesh. Plus, we don't have much in terms of facilities for
teachers to share their lessons and experiences -- what works and what
doesn't.

I don't think we need to provide kids (or teachers) much re how to use
most activities. Where they need the help is how to use the activities
for learning. IMHO, that should be the focus.

regards.

-walter

> --
>  Bastien