[Sugar-devel] SamplePlay-2.xo in Sandbox

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:51:42 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Art Hunkins <abhunkin at uncg.edu> wrote:

> **
>

> I'm well aware that my "single-language-only" approach is probably unique
> to the world of Sugar; I would have liked to envisage a practical, feasible
> alternative that might "reach more children." I'd also appreciate feedback
> from developers, users, whomever who have looked at the activities (such as
> SamplePlay or FileMix). To date, I've received very little - no doubt at
> least partly because the activities are rather complex and clearly directed
> at older children.

While I can appreciate the care you put into the aesthetics of your design,
it is reasonably safe to say that more than half of all Sugar users speak
Spanish (through the large XO deployments in South and Central America).  I
would at least consider generating a Spanish language version to double your
potential user-base.

cjl