[Sugar-devel] Potential volunteer offering technical writing

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:12:15 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Tabs!
>
> that's great! Here's an idea: I was looking at recently at the FLOSS
> Manuals manuals for Sugar and activities... and they are a bit dated
> -- they cover Sugar 0.86 or so. Screens have changed quite a bit :-)
> and some procedures are much simpler (ad hoc networking for example).
>
> And the FLOSS Manuals feed into the Help Activity, so work there pays
> of many times over...
>
> My 2 deflationary cents...

+2 equally deflationary Eurocents;-)

eKindling's Cherry (now in CC) suggested a similar Help Activity Refresh as
one of the activities for the OLPC-SF Community Summit and some good ideas
were thrown around as a result. So I think it makes sense to tie those two
thread of conversation together.

Cheers,
Christoph

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > If we had a volunteer (English Native language) professional technical
> > writer, what writing would be of most use to OLPC or Sugar that we can
> point
> > her in the direction of? She currently works with developers to write end
> > user documentation.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Tabitha - NZ volunteers

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com