[Sugar-devel] jhbuild improvement?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Sat Oct 1 13:02:41 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 18:47 +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of 2011-10-01 00:04:29 +0200:
>
> > Look, there are other veteran programmers who seem to be frustrated by
> > our current build system:
> >
> >   http://marcopg.org/2011/09/06/building-sugar-from-git-on-f15/
>
> Unfortunately Marco didn't bother to file a ticket or even mention what
> problem he had with sugar-jhbuild in his blog post. No matter what
> software you use (sugar-jhbuild, sweets or just plain auto* and a few
> home-made shellscripts that are bound to be incomplete), not reporting
> problems to the developers will result in a bad experience - both for
> yourself and for other users running into the same issues.

Agree.

BTW, last time I used jhbuild I sent you two patches: one to use the
native version of telepathy on Fedora 14 and another one adding support
for Ubuntu 11.4. Neither seems to be upstream yet.

Let me know if you'd like me to retest and resend them.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team