[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Proxy Control Panel (Was: New Dextrose-3...)

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:42:03 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at sugarlabs.org>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 20:14 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> {...}
> > If someone had the time to work on UI cleanups, I'd prefer to see both
> > the Network and Modem control panels be replaced by options directly
> > associated with the objects they manipulate:
> >
> >  - a radio-off checkbox in the popup menu of the wifi device
> >

> While we are at it, I think a radio button is a better choice for
> radio on/off instead of the check box. I have a hard time remembering
> what happens when you check the box :-)
>
> Sameer

I find the wording around the box contributes to uncertainty about its
action:

Wireless

     Turn off the wireless radio to save battery life

     □  Radio

     Discard network history if you have
     trouble connecting to the network

     (Discard network history)

The 'Discard network history' button is always the affirmative action for
the preceding advisory.  The 'Turn off' advisory for the Radio check box is
only similarly aligned when the box is checked (otherwise, one might wonder
does it 'Turn off' or 'Turn on' the radio).

      --Fred