[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Usage statistics gathering

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Nov 27 17:43:46 EST 2011

I'm confused - there seem to be two implementations of what looks to
be the same thing!

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Server_Kit/Usage_Statistics#Monitor
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Statistics_gathering

Aleksey's (the first link) is being developed with input from OLPC
Australia. We are engaged with respected academic researchers to
professionally evaluate educational outcomes from our XOs. Ethics and
privacy issues are being taken care of. We hope that what we are
building here can be of benefit to the wider Sugar community as well.

It might be a good idea if we could pool our talents around one implementation.

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Engineering Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia