[Sugar-devel] [FEATURES] Display Device

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Nov 21 10:33:36 EST 2011

El 21/11/11 15:18, Paul Fox escribió:
> simon wrote:
>   >  Hi,
>   >
>   >  I would like to propose the following Feature to enhance the Sugar
>   >  learning environment:
>   >
>   >  "Add a frame device to control the display. The idea is to add their an
>   >  option to change the brightness and to take a screenshot. Both actions
>   >  are only available via the keyboard as of today." [1]
>
> oh, good idea.  in fact, i have another job for it to do.  :-)
> it would be great if it could switch the display from color to
> monochrome, as well.  see my email on automatic backlight control,
> which i've composed but haven't sent yet.  i'll do so right now.
>
> paul

Hi Paul,

I just looked at olpc-kbdshim the olpc-brightness for how we adjust the
brightness on the XO. Looks like we simply echo the values to the files
like '/sys/class/backlight/dcon-bl/brightness'. I wonder what the
generic solution is for that (Sugar on other devices).

 From a quick test, I have the following files on my T61:
/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/max_brightness and
/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/actual_brightness which change
accordingly when adjusting the brightness. But I guess there is a
generic tool for doing that...?

/me should probably have a look what GNOME is doing...

Regards,
    Simon