[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release ClassRoomBroadcast-1

Rafael Ortiz rafael at activitycentral.com
Mon Nov 21 06:38:59 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 4:39 AM, <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:

> > out of curiosity: What is the advantage of using this activity over
> > VNCLauncher (http://activities.sugarlabs.org/de/sugar/addon/4311)?
>
> Out of curiosity, i tried VNCLauncher on OS880
>
> Firstly, I was able to install the client - TigerVNC (though you need root
> to do it)
> and run it
>
>  sudo yum install vnc
>  vncviewer
>
> When I ran VNCLauncher, the server, it complained of a missing library
>
> /home/olpc/Activities/VncLauncher.activity/x11vnc: error while loading
> shared libraries: libvncserver.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is there more to install? Install how?
>
> If I understood the discussion correctly, VNCLauncher was thought to be
> better because it included x11vnc which otherwise you would need to be root
> to install but does this matter if you need to be root to install the
> client?
>
> If I can get the server and client running I will do a page on the wiki.
>
> Tony

Hi Tony, Alan, Christoph

Thanks for the feedback, this is initial state so I have the same concerns
than you when trying to  run these kind of activities, I'll have a wikipage
describing a workflow  and documentation.

The idea here is trying to act upon all of this suggestions to have a
second release.