[Sugar-devel] Sugar Updater

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 11:00:14 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <
alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  "I think the activity updater does not look for the last activity in
> ASLO,
> but to a wiki page created to every release. And probably the wiki page is
> not updated."
>

> If the latest activities are in ASLO.. why continue using the wiki and
> not directly check in ASLO ????????
>
> I believe this may  be by design, so that if one has to do a full restore
of the machine, one can then easily put it back to the stable state that
existed at build time, updating only activities that had changed from os
build to final release.  As such, in a perfect world, this would indeed
show no updates.

One can easily then update whichever specific activities are wanted to be
updated to versions subsequent to that stable build by going to ASLO.  For
example, there may exist many updated applications in ASLO that will not
run on older versions of Sugar, and to auto-update them via this may then
introduce the same instabilities that caused a restore in the first place:-)

Just my theory.  I do not speak for the designers/developers.

KG