[Sugar-devel] error building etoys in a debian distro

Alvar Maciel alvar at tuquito.org.ar
Wed Nov 16 04:44:14 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> I cannot help you with your concrete issue, as that is tied to jh-build
> which I don't use.
>
> Are you aware that Debian has official Debian packages for Sugar 0.84?
Yes I see the packages, but they are obsoletes for being used in the
schools. I try to use that packages in my school and we have many
problems. Because of this I want to package the 94.1 release :)
We have to change our Distro in the school to be able to use the Sugar
in a stable environment and runing in a way that the teacher was
comfortable to us it.I think that Sugar has to be running in all
distribution at least in the last stable release. In that way we can
have chances to put Sugar in the schools regards the Distributions
that they are running

> Would be awesome if you could see the benefit of joining us in improving
> those packages distributed globally instead of locally struggling with
> jh-build.
I really want to do it remember that I'm more a teacher that a hacker,
I' m not a Debian Developer o any of that role in Debian. But I want
to use my time to improve Sugar in a way that can be used in our
school... so I'm learning how to compile (I can solve all dependencies
to compile sugar on Debian and Ubuntu) and now I'm learning how to
package (I never do it) So My Idea is to download
thishttp://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/glucose/ (0.94.1
versions) and this
http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/fructose/ try to compile
separately every package
(I really do not know if I have to compile HulaHop but I{ m going to
try)                            -
etoys/
hulahop/
sugar-artwork/
sugar-base/
sugar-datastore/
sugar-presence-service/
sugar-toolkit/
sugar/

If you can coach me, I have tree monts to doit. Because we are near of
our summer vacations and I can put time on this. My goal i to have
this done by february.
I create a git repository (remeber i'm new in this too...)
https://github.com/alvarmaciel/packg-deb-sugar to begin can I send to
you the advances of this work?

Reggards
Alvar