[Sugar-devel] A "dismiss all" functionality for notifications?

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:33:54 EST 2011

Hi Christoph,

On 9 Nov 2011, at 23:25, Christoph Derndorfer <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> while playing around with 11.3.0 today I spent some time sending Memorize files back and forth between two XOs. This quickly led to the frame being filled with icons of these transfers so now I'm wondering whether it might be useful to consider adding a "dismiss all" functionality somewhere?

Interesting you should raise this. While at Paris Sugar Camp, Simon and I worked on some UI sketches to present all transfer notifications in a single frame icon and palette so that they can be easily managed all in one place. The target case was that of a teacher trying to transfer material to multiple children in a class (the groups feature also needs improvement to allow single shot transfer to multiple destinations).

I'll try to tidy up and get the sketches on the wiki for review.

--Gary