[Sugar-devel] Read port to Gtk 3 status

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Nov 4 16:40:54 EDT 2011

I have ported Read to Gtk3.
Almost all is working, attached is a patch.
There are a few TODO, shared here:

epubview/epubview.py

-        self._scrollbar.set_update_policy(gtk.UPDATE_DISCONTINUOUS)
+        # self._scrollbar.set_update_policy(Gtk.UPDATE_DISCONTINUOUS)

(I think this was deprecated)

-        self._view.set_flags(gtk.CAN_DEFAULT | gtk.CAN_FOCUS)
+        # TODO
+        #self._view.set_flags(Gtk.CAN_DEFAULT | Gtk.CAN_FOCUS)

(Dont know where are these constants now)

jobs.py

Here we do:

>>> screen = Gdk.Screen.get_default()
>>> screen.get_font_options()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/types.py", line 43, in
function
    return info.invoke(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: Couldn't find conversion for foreign struct 'cairo.FontOptions'

I think is a problem with the binding.

evinceadapter.py

            # set dpi
            # TODO why we need set this?
            """
            min_scale = self._model.get_min_scale()
            max_scale = self._model.get_max_scale()
            logging.error("min scale %s max_scale %s", min_scale, max_scale)
            logging.error("setting min scale %s", min_scale * self.dpi /
72.0)
            logging.error("setting max scale %s", max_scale * self.dpi /
72.0)
            self._model.set_min_scale(min_scale * self.dpi / 72.0)
            self._model.set_max_scale(max_scale * self.dpi / 72.0)
            """

EvinceModel is returning min = 0, max = infinite but later have a error
when want set the values.
I have compared in the old bindings and the model was giving the same
values.
Probably does not have sense doing this process

readtoolbar.py

         pitchbar.set_draw_value(False)
-        pitchbar.set_update_policy(gtk.UPDATE_DISCONTINUOUS)

Deprecated
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2011-January/msg01161.html

readtopbar.py

- self._progressbar.props.discrete_blocks = 10

(I couldn't found how set this value now)

To test this activity more, I need palettes working.
Overall, I am happy with the process, really I was think will be more
difficult.
We need organize how do the work in other activities.

Gonzalo