[Sugar-devel] Help with testing SemanticXO's backend

Christophe Guéret c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl
Fri Nov 4 12:17:07 EDT 2011

Dear everyone,

I recently did some scalability testing for the Journal implementation
using the triple store "Redstore". You can see the results for an XO-1
in this blog post: http://wp.me/p1ffiZ-59

It would be cool if one of you would be willing to run the testing
script on an XO-1.5 and send me back the statistics gathered. I'm very
curious to see how things work on some more powerful hardware. Testing
on an XO-1.75 would also be nice but I never tried to compile the triple
store for ARM, so some help for this would also be appreciated.

There is a package at [1] with everything that is needed. To execute it,
simply type the following from the Terminal activity:

wget https://github.com/downloads/cgueret/SemanticXO/performances.tar.gz
tar xzf performances.tar.gz
cd performances
python performances_test.py > /dev/null

The three CSV files that will be generated is what I need to generate
the plots. It took almost 2 days to run it on the XO-1 so you may expect
to wait some time before the script finishes.

Looking forward to hopefully getting some cool results :-)

Cheers,
Christophe

[1] https://github.com/downloads/cgueret/SemanticXO/performances.tar.gz