[Sugar-devel] State of Palettes for GTK+ 3.x

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:54:57 EDT 2011

Hi Benjamin,

On 3 Nov 2011, at 20:59, Benjamin Berg <benzea at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> I am actually thinking about removing the popdown when the user leaves
> the palette with the mouse.

This could only really work sanely from a design point of view if exposing a palette via a cursor hover/loiter also went away i.e. having to click outside somewhere to dismiss a palette that was auto triggered by a hovering action would be a painful UX. I guess this all stems from the design decision to have widgets with hover/right-click context menus that also have primary left-click actions. For touch, we'll need to cover this cast by having a touch and hold gesture mimic our current hover/right-click behaviour.

Regards,
--Gary