[Sugar-devel] Journal choking on invalid / missing metadata (was: Re: 11.3.0 release candidate 4 (build 883) released)

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 1 18:43:23 EDT 2011

Hi James,

On 1 Nov 2011, at 22:02, James Cameron wrote:

> It might be interesting to test operations other than Journal entry
> creation in the face of this filesystem loss.
>
> For instance;
>
> - installing an activity, ... does Sugar start properly with various
>  files in the new activity empty?  Does a meaningful error appear if
>  the activity is started?

FWIW, after the lockup and hard reboot, the Telescope-12 activity that had just been installed to test was no longer showing in either the Sugar Home Favourite or List view. Looking in the /home/olpc/Activities from the console I can see what looks like all the files for a correctly installed Telescope.activity bundle, however checking the file sizes they are all 0 bytes large.

Regards,
--Gary