[Sugar-devel] SunMoonMusic Activity does not open in Mango Lassi

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Mon May 30 21:19:16 EDT 2011

James,

Thanks both for your well-expressed advice, as well as your continued
interest in my musical projects. I've recently had several "go's" at git -
and thanks to your help, did not experience heart failure (it went quite
well in fact).

I've discovered what was wrong, and so file your suggestions for my next set
of troubles.

I've been using primarily 1GB USB sticks, which (with Mango especially)
doesn't leave much extra room (I use the LiveUSB Creator, reserving the
remainder of the stick's space). The hitch about Mango is that it doesn't
allow you to delete any activities, *and* once you add some, you can't
delete *them* either - even though there is an option to do so.

I always load in my six activities, two of which (with sound files) are 7MB
each. I've apparently always loaded in the big ones prior to SunMoonMusic.
It seems the stick just runs out of space. If I load SunMoonMusic before the
others, it opens and runs fine.

I would hope that all distributions would allow for deleting activities,
*especially* those added by the user. (This seems to be intended; is
probably a bug in Mango Lassi.) Many previous distros allowed you to delete
any activity you wanted.

BTW, I enjoyed your tunes, especially the last few. The "fiddle tune" in
triplets is particularly fetching.

Thanks again -

Art Hunkins