[Sugar-devel] Free Scratch

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Tue May 24 02:16:49 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 01:31:13AM -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark at verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > I heard today that about a year ago, the license was changed to something that
> > might make it non-free by some FLOSS definition. no derivatives? non-commerial
> > use? no access to scratch community site for uploads?
>
> http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Terms_of_use
> "All projects shared on the Scratch website, as well as the Scratch
> support materials, are shared under the Creative Commons license with
> the conditions: Attribution - Share Alike. The Scratch software is
> completely free of charge and its source code is available under the
> Scratch License. The software behind the Scratch website is under the
> General Public License version 2."
>
> http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Scratch_License
>
> http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Scratch_License/1.4License

http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Source_Code

That seems to be what they were referring to, the source code license, not the
binary from MIT.

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

The grass is always greener on the other side of your sunglasses.