[Sugar-devel] [Server-devel] [IAEP] copy files to/from server

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:28:15 EDT 2011

As I mentioned before, I am currently working on the multi-selection
support for Journal (which is a prerequisite for the "cloud journal"
and explains why I haven't been very active on this thread). Anyway, I
am listening to other's technical and non-technical ideas, but _my_
approach is first to provide extra storage capacity on the XS in the
most transparent way to the end users.

Therefore,

In the non-technical front, I believe we should stick to the Journal
integration idea, displaying this resource exactly how we display
removable devices.

In the technical front, I haven't checked all the solutions mentioned
but I would definitely go with something that _already_ provides
support for regular file system interaction. With something like that
(and please someone let me know if I am wrong), the integration part
will be a lot easier, like i.e (as Walter commented) we could use
his/mine/jasg "documents folder" patch.

Saludos,
tch