[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Get Books-7

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed May 18 09:13:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Bastien <bzg at altern.org> wrote:

> Sugar Labs Activities <activities at sugarlabs.org> writes:
>
> > Download Now:
> > http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/27365/get_books-7.xo
>
> Thanks for this new release.
>
> > Release notes:
> > Display summary of books bassed in configuration (Daniel Castelo)
> > Don't show link in book description (Daniel Castelo)
> > Cancel previous download image threads (Daniel Castelo)
> > Arrange the text in the description to better fit in the widget space
>
> Can I safely infer that Daniel is the new maintainer?

I am maintaining it, (Shh, i have not convinced Daniel, yet ;) )

(There is no AUTHORS file, I cannot find the right person to contact.)

> James Simmons told me that I could use GetBooks with a local OPDS xml
> file and a set of .ePub.

There are old code in the activity to read a catalog.xml file in a pendrive.
(see devicemanager.py)
I thing you can create this file with Calibre but I have not tested it, and
I could not find documentation.
Anyway, may be is better deploy one local book server
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Book_Server

Gonzalo