[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] copy files to/from server

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:15:15 EDT 2011

Just to explain a little better this all fits into the "cloud journal"
Idea which in the very first version should basically work as a cloud
storage device (which should be placed in the XS IMHO). This will fix
MANY problems we encountered in the field regarding the limited
storage space, backups and virtual dogs eating homework.

I still didn't make up my mind about which technical approach should I
take in order to get this working, but I guess people already started
sharing some ideas. And I would appreciate more ideas and discussion
before I get to that point.

The very basic requirement is: each children must have its private
"cloud volume", where they can drop their files in the same way they
interact with physical external storage devices.

On top of that we can do a lot of things that might be very useful for
teachers daily in the classrooms.

Before I start working on this, ill add multi-selection capabilities
to the journal so we can easily drop files from the local journal to
the "cloud" one. The implementation of the multi-selection feature may
or not follow the design we proposed on eduJAM's code sprint [1].

Questions? Ideas? Code? :)

1. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Journal_NewUI#Mockups