[Sugar-devel] Sugar in Fedora 14

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Sat May 14 18:31:59 EDT 2011

That's because sugar-presence-service-0.90.2-1.fc14 {which fixes this} needs
to be approved to move from testing to stable.  If you install it from
updates-testing it should work correctly without the file.

In general there are a few things one needs to do to get Sugar working
beyond single-user-mode or with Jabber in Fedora.  If you are using Salut,
you will have to make sure that avahi-daemon is enabled with mDNS allowed
through Fedora's default firewall (along with possibly some other ports;
this is currently being debated in Redhat BZ #699432).

There are also a number of collaboration bugs from Sugar 0.90 which Sugar
0.92 is only starting to fix.