[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Record UI

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Mar 31 18:54:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Art Hunkins <abhunkin at uncg.edu> wrote:
> Please ensure that, in *audio* recording mode, any video display (including
> an oscilloscope-style display) does not cause glitches in the audio. (This
> was an apparent problem in earlier versions.) Of course, the surest
> guarantee of this is no simultaneous (changing) video display.

I think video feedback is vital. How do you know it's actually doing
something if nothing seems to happen when you start recording audio?
It doesn't necessarily have to be a waveform display, but *something*
needs to be changing.

A waveform display has pedagogical value.  It's worth making that work right.
 --scott