[Sugar-devel] eduJAM! 2011: A Vibrant Summit With A Diverse Range Of Offerings

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Mon Mar 21 15:50:31 EDT 2011

I would like to make a personal invitation to deployment developers and technical support staff to participate in the events Saturday, Sunday and (if possible) into the next week. On Saturday, Activity Central will create a 'Critical Tasks' list. As we identify critical tasks which are shared across multiply deployments, we will add them to the Dextrose TODO list for our upcoming release and inclusion in the next OLPC OS release.

> This afternoon will be run in an �unconference� mode. This means that there
> will be different talks, workshops, and discussion rounds which will be planned
> and decided upon by the participants on the spot. We thereby hope to learn
> more about the various ongoing projects, discuss roadmaps as well as form
> small development and investigation groups.

Starting Saturday afternoon Activity Central developers will run a 'Critical Tasks' workshop to help deployments identify and work on their important bugs and feature requests. Through the follow week AC developers will be available to:
1. Help you solve those critical tasks.
2. Help you push those solutions upstream to OLPC and Sugar Labs.
3. Help you identify and coordinate with other deployments and organizations that are facing similar issues.

Look forward to see you at eduJAM.
david