[Sugar-devel] Remote display

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:51:36 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> I've been looking into the practicality of accessing an XO's display
> over a network (e.g. VNC). My thought is that this could enable
> screencasting (taking the encoding load off the XO), interactive
> whiteboards (run the interactive whiteboard software on the computer
> connected to the XO's screen) and more.

While it's not exactly what you are asking about -- have you
considered USB2VGA? With build 10.1.3 it works remarkably well.

On the actually-using-vnc track, anything that lowers bw usage will
help you; anything that increases bw (usb-ethernet) will help too; I
cannot think of any workable alternative to vnc.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions