[Sugar-devel] [Sugar-desarrollo] [Design] [Patches] New Toolbars in Activities

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Mar 16 18:50:40 EDT 2011

2011/3/16 Sebastian Silva <sebastian at somosazucar.org>

> Yes sure, thank you!
> Be sure to ping me on IRC (i'm icarito) if you'd like us to work in
> concert.
> Reg. Get Books, its one where my patches don't conflict with Simon's
> recommendations.
> I put the main actions (Books Toolbar) into the main toolbar thus not
> needing a second icon for it (see attached pics).
> I thought that made sense since tha activity is called Get Books.
>
> Now my question is: I'm working on dirakx's Distance patches and indeed I
> don't know what to do with Atmosphere tab.
> I think doing the same trick isn't as appropriate as atmosphere adjustments
> seem secondary for the activities purpuse.
> Screenshot also attached.

I can't see the screenshot. Would be better see the code too.
Anyway I think the Atmosphere tab need another toolbar (the icon would be
trick :( ) May be anything like configuration

> Also i'm now seriously in doubt with regard to actions:
>  - Edit activity titlebar

 - Keep button

> I think this controls must be in the toolbar associated to the activity
icon if there are more controls,
or in the simple case (like Simon said) in the main toolbar.

> Several of the simpler activities litter the Journal with useless items.

This is a problem, but not with the toolbar, but with the design of the
activities.
We don' have the concept of a state less activity.

Gonzalo

What is the designed affordance here, or the correct behaviour?