[Sugar-devel] 0.92 Activity Testing

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Mar 12 23:27:40 EST 2011

Art:
If you do what I describe below, You will achieve a working instance of
f15 installed to HD as a working test environment.
Sugar is added from a f15 Gnome3 terminal:
 >yum groupinstall sugar*  --skip-broken
Skipped:
sugar-read
requires:gnome-python2-evince-2.32.0-1.fc14.x86_64(fedora)) requires
libeview.so.3 and libevdocument.so.3 both64 bit)
78 Packages 238M 96M delta
yum install sugar-emulator  54k

logout from gnome
log in gdm sugar
sugar starts

INFO :

My Settings/About my computer:

Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
sugar 0.90.0

ACTIVITIES:
X Browse 120 -  (does not start)
Speak 20
Pippy 40
Calculate 35
Terminal 31
X Chat 70 - (does not start)
Speak 20
Abacus 19
Memorize 36
Write 72 - Etoys DBusError. Process /usr/bin/sugar-presence-service
exited with status 1 (but works partially)
IRC 9
Physics 8
Record 66 - Photo Video audio work on ACER ASPIRE ONE N450 atom

Software Update works update 3 activities
X Turtle Art 106 (does not start)
Record 89- Photo Video audio work on ACER ASPIRE ONE N450 atom
Calculadora 36

Logs in wirelessly on f1 (ACER ASPIRE ONE)

This does provide a sugar 0.90.0 instance to test applications if logged
in either from "sugar-emulator -f" in gnome terminal or sugar from gdm login
It has been very hard to get the gnome3 f15 desktop running (runs on
ACER ASPIRE ONE N450 atom as gnome3; EeePC1000HE falls back to Gnome
2.... Desktop)  .
This install method works, if used from a dd created USB and installed
to HD or 8 GB or larger USB; with liveinst from the booted USB.
The sugar 0.90.0 desktop is buggy but runs.

Tom Gilliard
satellit

I do not know of a working f15 sugar 0.92-class live.iso to  use from
Live USB Creator
 >nightly compose Desktop;KDE and LXDE .iso's  boot and install via dd
to USB and sugar can be added to them after installation.