[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Tech Report

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Wed Mar 9 08:07:59 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 07:40:44AM -0500, Chris Leonard wrote:
> It would be highly desirable for ASLO to reflect the i18n status of an
> Activity, ideally with a link to where the L10n of that activity is hosted
> (it doesn't have to be translate.sugarlabs.org).  Far too many of the
> Activities hosted in ASLO have not been internationalized / localized and
> believe that promoting awareness of the importance of i18n/L10n should be a
> core element of everything that Sugar Labs does.
>
> cjl

Will percentage info (basing on untranslated strings in .po files) be
good? It should be trivial to calculate it on activity release acceptance
process.

Though implementing it on ASLO in current sitation is problematic
(though there are might be people who want to implement new features in
php code w/ keeping in mind that it will be thrown away after switching
to the django). At the same time, I'm working on totally different sugar
sharing model(that looks-like/basis-on regular PMS) and going to have initial
release in april. Such .po analysis might be implemented in the new system.

--
Aleksey