[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Tech Report

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Wed Mar 9 03:20:04 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 01:21:10AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> This is activities.sugarlabs.org report to cover only technical
> ASLO aspects.
>
> == Roadmap ==
>
> The upstream is in process of switching to new AMO code base, django
> based (python based framework). We need to do the same. So, the plan is:
>
> * Reimplement current ASLO patch to do the exactly the same in new AMO
> * Add new but not breaking current behaviour:
>   * Upload by one click
>   * Experimental support of bundle-less activities [1]
>
> The plan is having new ASLO ready for broad, pre-production testing,
> until 2011-04-06.

After looking carefully to the upstream migration progress, it seems that
new AMO is not yet ready for having new ASLO. Track

    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Roadmap#Activity_Library

for the later info. Upstream is going to fully replace new amo by the end
of this year but most likely ASLO doesn't need all AMO features and
porting might start earlier.

--
Aleksey