[Sugar-devel] about about my xo

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Mar 3 23:02:38 EST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 03 2011, Erik Blankinship wrote:
> Is there a way for a sugar activity (and gnome) to query the version and
> build information which is displayed in "about my xo" in the sugar control
> panel?

The way I'd answer this is by:

* finding out where the "about my xo" code lives
* seeing if it exports this data to activities
* if not, seeing if activities can get at it themselves

And:

* The code lives at sugar/extensions/cpsection/aboutcomputer/model.py
* It does not obviously export data to activities
* But it functions by reading files from the filesystem, and it looks
  like an activity could read the same ones.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child