[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Tests of applications on booted Trisquel 4.1 sugar installed to a 8Gb USB (2nd version 02/18/2011)

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Mar 2 00:13:35 EST 2011

Thomas C Gilliard wrote:

> Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>> On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 15:16 -0500, Sean DALY wrote:
>>> Hi Bernie we are working on getting a French variant of Tom's image
>>> working for a charitable foundation project
>>>
>>> I am personally convinced VMs are the way forward for solving our
>>> ease-of-installation teacher demo problem, but not everyone is (cf
>>> last marketing meeting [1]). Oracle (ex-Sun) VirtualBox has perfect
>>> licensing for us  - we can distribute installers for nonprofit
>>> educational uses, which means a single Zip file with VirtualBox
>>> installer, image, parameter file, and instructions PDF
>>>

> Sean;
>
> Here is a first cut at such a installer;
>
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/SugarVB_InstallDemo.iso
>
> This is a test DVD (1.2GB) which contains:
>
> 32bit-VirtualBox Installers  (Directory with Install files for
> VirtualBox 4.0.4)
> Instructions.pdf  (Instructions-How to install and import Appliance)
> trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18.ovf
> trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18-disk1.vmdk
> UserManual.pdf (VirtualBox 4.0.4 User Manual-269 pages)
>
> It is uploading now and will be available in about 3 hrs.
>
> Tom Gilliard
> satellit

Updated:

Trisquel-4.1-sugar-VB4_Installer.iso

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/tris-sugar-4.1-VB4_Installer.iso

32bit-VirtualBox Installers (OSE) (Directory with install files for VirtualBox 4.0.4)
(Does not include Free for Personal Use licensed extension pack) - includes instructions on how to download for personal use.
ReadMeFirst_Install_Instructions.pdf  (Instructions-how to install VirtualBox and import appliance)
trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18.ovf
trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18-disk1.vmdk
UserManual.pdf (VirtualBox 4.0.4 User Manual-269 pages)

listed here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Trisquel-4.1-sugar-VB4_Installer.iso

Tom Gilliard
satellit_