[Sugar-devel] The best place to learn interaction with the olpc journal ?

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:44:32 EDT 2011

Hello,

i'm happy to discover the terminal command "copy-to-journal".

But i'm still bothered by the usb key <-> journal transfer. That is :

   - when I open an already saved LearningWriting (whose outputs mime type
   is application/x-graph : "*.gph") from the OLPC journal, all is fine
   - but when first copy an entry from the OLPC journal to the USB  key; put
   it try to open it from "USB key journal", my application clears all data,
   though it does not clears data when I open an entry from the OLPC journal.
   It neither works if I import an entry from the usb key to the olpc, before
   trying to open it.

So my question is : is it the read_file() method in my application which may
be bad coded or a bad manipulation from the olpc journal ?

Regards