[Sugar-devel] Is Apple's New OS X Copying Sugar???

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:51:22 EDT 2011

Hi folks,
Maybe what seem to be problems with Sugar aren't so bad after all.  In fact, it looks like Apple is using some of our stuff!
The most striking is the new "Air Drop" feature which is, essentially, our mesh network!  It uses wi-fi and even has a view that I swear is is a copy of our Neighborhood View!
Also, while you are all worrying about reducing the number of saves to the Journal, Apple's has made it's new "Lion" version of OS X have an autosave feature that constantly saves multiple versions of your projects.  Of course, a lot of software already has this feature, but now it seems to apply to everything you might be running on the Apple.
I found all this by watching Apple's video of their presentation at the WWDC last week.  It's a long video (about 2 hours). Unless you are an Apple aficionado, I wouldn't recommend it.
Caryl