[Sugar-devel] new SoaSv5 test image - Last change to test andfix issues
abhunkin at uncg.edu
Mon Jun 13 16:21:48 EDT 2011
Thanks for the new SoaS5 test. Here is my experience:
1) No more keyrings (cheers) - for me anyway.
2) No GDM login (cheers) - again, for me anyway.
3) Main issue #1: Csound "still" uses the new cursor. (I gather Csound remains to be rebuilt with (scons option) buildRelease=1. At least, that's what Victor Lazzarini says.) Otherwise I'll need to add the --old-parser flag to all my (6) activities - which I'd prefer not to do uniquely for this release. I'd certainly hope this can be adjusted before SoaS5 release.
4) Main issue #2: activities only start 50% of the time. This is true for *all* activities. It's not clear why an activity will start one time and not another (it prints "didn't start" message). With Mango Lassi, this happens occasionally/rarely for me; here it happens *a lot*.
I thought maybe this had something to do with the USB drives I'd made with LiveUSB Creator. It doesn't. I created two: one 2GB, one 4GB with all memory protected.
5) Noted difference in Journal: hovering over an entry does nothing; a right-click on an entry does nothing. Only a left-click resumes the activity - normally the one it originated in (see 5 below). Apparently you cannot erase from the Journal (except by clicking on the rightmost arrow, to another page), nor resume in a different activity any more. I appreciated those features.
6) Record (audio) continues to cause me problems. Record apparently records correctly (or does it?) but does not play back. When a recording is "resumed" from the Journal, it resumes (not in Record) but in either Surf or Etoys, depending on whether it was saved automatically from Record, or as a clipping that was kept. In any case, no activity plays the "recorded" file. Go figure. (One possibility: Record seems to be interchanging Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Speex formats - ugh.) FWIW, here's the complete Record log (seems to involve the Dbus and an elapsed timeout):
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (HippoCanvasBox)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/sugar-activity", line 21, in <module>
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py", line 158, in main
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py", line 37, in create_activity_instance
activity = constructor(handle)
File "/usr/share/sugar/activities/Record.activity/record.py", line 66, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/activity.py", line 328, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/presence/presenceservice.py", line 89, in get_activity
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in __call__
return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630, in call_blocking
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
Exited with status 1, pid 1841 data (None, <open file '<fdopen>', mode 'w' at 0xdf70e38>, dbus.ByteArray('1e429af21558998191b528d4c9c3b5572f388430', variant_level=1))
----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Robinson
To: sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org ; Development of live Sugar distributions
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 5:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] new SoaSv5 test image - Last change to test andfix issues
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
I was hoping to have this out over a week ago but I had a slight diversion via hospital which delayed proceedings.
So below are links to a new pair (32 and 64 bit) of images for your testing pleasure.
The network issue is still there, its partially working from the work that I did with some assistance from John Dulaney. I've included another utility to enable initial configuration of a wireless access point and from there it will auto connect and should mostly work. There's issues with the main network view and in the control panel but it seems no one else cares enough to assist me in getting it fixed. To configure an AP run the command "nm-connection-editor" from a terminal as the standard user (not root).
I don't believe there are any other major blockers for this release. If you believe there to be any issues speak up now and provide fixes for it.
NOTE: This is the last chance to test and get things fixed. Please provide concise details to any issues in reply to this mail.
There was in issue with the i686 image being truncated. They have both been updated. Please ensure you have one with the following md5sum.
Sugar-devel mailing list
Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel