[Sugar-devel] Browse 122: Tabs MIA, suggestion to incl. search in address bar

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:15:39 EDT 2011

Gonzalo,

thanks a lot for the link, I just installed Browse 122.2 and will test it a
little bit tonight.

On a related note:

Since Browse 121 (on 11.2.0 os22) I'm seeing an odd issue whereby upon
starting the activity it's not possible to click into the two search fields
on the home page (Google search, OLPC search).

Once I do go to another page - regardless of whether it's a content bundle
or another URL - and then use the back button to get to the home page it
works.

This looks like an instance of http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10623, right?

Cheers,
Christoph

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 3:11 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> Probably in os23 we will have tabs enabled again, but I don't know if will
> be enabled in the production image.
> I have fixed a few problems, but is a big change for this stage of our
> release cycle.
> You can test it downloading 122.2 from http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10779
> This activity have the inline PDF viewer too, but is a ugly hack, and is
> not ready to upstream.
>
> Gonzalo
>
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Christoph Derndorfer <
> christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just installed 11.2.0 os22 on my XO-1.5 and was surprised that Browse
>> (os22 came with 121, I manually installed 122) seems to have dropped the
>> support for tabs. Is that somehow related to Sebastian's patch from late May
>> as there is a corresponding comment in his patch ("Not enabling the multiple
>> tabs feature due to a bug in cairo/mozilla")?
>>
>> Oh, and I had originally wanted to suggest the addition of a feature to
>> allow links to be opened in a new tab, something that wasn't possible in the
>> last OS / Browse combo I had running (unfortunately I can't remember which
>> one that was).
>>
>> Last but not least I was wondering whether it would be possible to allow
>> search from within the address bar as both Chrome and Firefox support these
>> days?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christoph
>>
>> --