[Sugar-devel] Browse 122: Tabs MIA, suggestion to incl. search in address bar

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:02:13 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I just installed 11.2.0 os22 on my XO-1.5 and was surprised that Browse
(os22 came with 121, I manually installed 122) seems to have dropped the
support for tabs. Is that somehow related to Sebastian's patch from late May
as there is a corresponding comment in his patch ("Not enabling the multiple
tabs feature due to a bug in cairo/mozilla")?

Oh, and I had originally wanted to suggest the addition of a feature to
allow links to be opened in a new tab, something that wasn't possible in the
last OS / Browse combo I had running (unfortunately I can't remember which
one that was).

Last but not least I was wondering whether it would be possible to allow
search from within the address bar as both Chrome and Firefox support these
days?

Thanks,
Christoph

--