[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Sugar Server project initiation announce

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Jun 11 04:18:35 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:06 AM, David Farning
<dfarning at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> [...]

Again, I like where this discussion is going, so it may be worthwhile
to take some of this back to the drawing board. There is the issue of:

1) distro independence
2) content mgmt vs server admin separation
3) school vs library approach (curricular aka XS vs referential aka pathagar)

Without building yet another school server, can we merge/improve upon
what's already here?
Incidentally, Nick Doiron has a post up on the Khan Academy videos
being served offline (I've thought of the same situation, but with TED
videos). http://mapadelsur.blogspot.com/2011/06/khan-academy-follow-up.html
 Neil Dsouza of http://teachaclass.org is in Indonesia (I think)
setting up offline servers to serve Khan videos in an offline format.
I hope to speak with him next week to see if we can collaborate/merge
any of the efforts.

Choice is good. Fragmentation, not so much.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems