[Sugar-devel] TamTamSuite migration

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:21:21 EDT 2011

All,

After the Activity Team meeting, there has been some working going on
with the planned TamTam Suite migration to a version that has better
i18n (more TRANS comments and a single POT for all 4 components).  To
summarize, I've been nitpicking the POT, Aleksey has patiently and
promptly addressed all of my comments, Walter is working on the
Toolbars, which will result in the addition of some strings, so we're
waiting on that, but perhaps more importantly on my figuring out the
PO migration process.  All in all, good progress is being made.

Gonzalo and I had kicked around a concept for a wiki-slice to
complement TamTam based more or less on the articles we've been adding
as TRANS comments.  On the Support Gang list, SJ has mentioned that he
is talking to some people about Wikipedia and possible changes to
Infoslicer, asking if anyone had a project that would be of interest.
I've sent him the list of articles we've added as TRANS comments and
explained the TamTam wikislice concept. (briefly).

I've also messed around a bit with the wikibook creator tools on WP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Books

and downloaded two versions (PDF and ODT) of the slice.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/File:TamTamSuite_collection.pdf

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/File:TamTamSuite_collection.odt

They are both crazy large (about 50-60 MB each), so they would need a
lot of work to trim down, but the .odt format might make that
relatively easy.  Unfortunately I like the PDF format much better, the
.odt does weird things with the images and text wrapping around them.

Just thought you guys might be interested in the TamTam wikislice
textual supplement idea and a quick peek at a concept-in-progress.

cjl